Provides relative to the Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program, parent petitions for certain schools to be transferred to the RSD, charter school authorizers, and course providers
- Stephen F. Carter
- Charles E. "Chuck" Kleckley
- Christopher Broadwater
- Simone B. Champagne
- Patrick Connick
Latest Legislative Action
- April 18, 2012 - Effective date: August 1, 2012.
- April 18, 2012 - Signed by the Governor. Becomes Act No. 2.
- April 10, 2012 - Sent to the Governor for executive approval.
- April 09, 2012 - Signed by the President of the Senate.
- April 09, 2012 - Enrolled and signed by the Speaker of the House.
- April 05, 2012 - Read by title, roll called, yeas 60, nays 43, Senate amendments concurred in.
- April 04, 2012 - Scheduled for concurrence on 4/5/2012.
- April 04, 2012 - Received from the Senate with amendments.
- April 04, 2012 - Senate floor amendments read and adopted. Read by title, passed by a vote of 24 yeas and 15 nays, and ordered returned to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- April 03, 2012 - Read by title; made Special Order of the Day No. 2 for 04/04.
- April 03, 2012 - Rules suspended
- April 03, 2012 - Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments. Read by title and passed to third reading and final passage.
- April 02, 2012 - Rules suspended. Reported favorably. Rules suspended. Read by title and referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- April 02, 2012 - Reported favorably. Rules suspended. Read by title and recommitted to the Committee on Finance.
- March 27, 2012 - Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Education.
- March 26, 2012 - Received in the Senate. Read first time by title and placed on the Calendar for a second reading.
- March 22, 2012 - Read third time by title, amended, roll called on final passage, yeas 61, nays 42. Finally passed, title adopted, ordered to the Senate.
- March 19, 2012 - Scheduled for floor debate on 3/22/2012.
- March 19, 2012 - Read by title, amended, ordered engrossed, passed to 3rd reading - regular calendar.
- March 15, 2012 - Reported with amendments (12-6) (Regular).
- March 12, 2012 - Read by title, under the rules, referred to the Committee on Education.
- March 03, 2012 - First appeared in the Interim Calendar on 3/2/2012.
- March 02, 2012 - Under the rules, provisionally referred to the Committee on Education.
- March 02, 2012 - Prefiled.